Tfaya Couscous Recipe
“Couscous”is North African National Dish ,CousCous was Known to the Nasrid royalty in Granada as well,”Couscous” was originally made from”millet” Historian have different opinion as to when wheat began to replace to “millet”.The conversation seems to have occurred sometimes in the 20th century .although many regional continu use to the traditional Millet.”Couscous seems to have North African Origin.”Couscous ” traditionally made from the hard part of Durum.the part of grain that resisted the grinding of the milestone.The Semolina is sprinkled with water and rolled with the hands to small pellets.
“Couscous” is very healthy diet easy to cook .
“Tfaya Couscous Recipe”
- 1 Whole chicken,Cut into 8 parts
- 1 tbsp, Olive oil
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 coriander parsley bouquet
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp, Ginger
- 1 cup of chicken Stock
- 1 tsp, cinnamon
- 1 stsp, White Pepper
- 2 cups chickpeas
For the Tfaya
- 5 big Onion Sliced
- 1 cup dried Raisins, Soaked in water
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 tbsp, honey
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon Powder
- 2 tbsp Orange blossom Water
For the Couscous
- 3 Cups couscous
- 3 Cups hot water
- 2 tbsp, Olive oil
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Roasted Almonds to to be served
- Heat the oil in pan,and cook in the chicken hoth sides until golden brown.
- Add the spices,onion,Saffron and coriander parsley bouquet .
- add chicken stocks
- cover and let cook until chicken is tender
- Add chickpeas to the chicken when its done and keep cooking for 10 more minutes
- Meanwhile, heat the canola oil in a frying pan, and add the onions,cook until tender.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, honey and raisins and caramelized,on low heat until you obtain and onion marmalade.
- Add the orange blossom water and remove from heat.
- Mix the “Couscous” with water and olive oil in a large bowl.Cover and let it steam for 15 minutes.
- Serve the steamed Couscous stopped with the chicken chickpeas sauce and onion Marmalade the sprinkle with almonds.