Lamb Kabsa Recipe|Kuwaiti Kabsa Recipe
Kabsa is family of mixed Rice dishes that originated from Saudi Arabia,Where it is commonly regarded as a National Dish.The Traditional Saudi Arabian dish is made with rice and meat.Though Kabsa is believed to be indigenous to Saudi Arabia,It’s often served countries such as Qatar,Oman,Bahrain,Kuwait,United Arab Emirates and Iraq.The dish is Popularity in Persian Gulf country but is served in the same way.
Kabsa this dish is usually made with rice usually long grain Basmati ,meat,chicken,Vegetable and Mix of spices,there are many types of kabsa and each type have uniqueness about it,Pre-mixed kabsa spices are available in manet brads.these reduce preparation time,but may have a flavour distinct from traditional kabsa ,The spices use in Kabsa are largely responsible for its taste.These are generally black pepper,Cinnamon,Cloves , Cardamom, saffron,Bay leaves.The main Ingredients are accompanies the spices is the meat.
Lamb Kabsa Recipe can be cooked in various ways.A popular way of preparing is called Mandi,This is an ancient technique that originated in Yemen, Whereby meat is barbequed in a deep hole in the ground that is covered while the meat is cooks. Another way of preparing and serving meat for kabsa is called” mathbi”where seasoned meat is grilled on flat stones that are placed on top of burning embers. A third Technique “Madghut”involves cooking the meat in” pressure cooker”.
- 1kg-leg of lamb
- 100 g- Onion
- 200 g- fresh tomatoes,seedless and skinless
- 100 ml- Corn Oil
- 10g- fresh chilli
- 1 p- Green pepper
- 1 p- Red pepper
- 1 p- Yellow pepper
- 1kg – Basmati Rice
- 4 pc- Lemon Dried
- 50g- coriander leaves
- 5g- Bay leaves
- 10g- Cinnamon sticks
- 10g- Cardamom hole
- 5g- Cloves
- Salt and Black pepper for taste
- Cut the meat in Pieces of 50 grams each,Wash the meat and keep them in strain to dry.
- Cut the Onions,Chilli and the green,red and yellow pepper Into small cubes as well ass the tomatoes,
- Wash the rice in warm water and let it soak or and hour
- Wrap the dried lemon,the cinnamon and spices in a cloth in order to keep the spices together.
- Saute the onion until they turn a light golden colour,add the meat and tomato cubes together with some hot water and keep it on a fire until the meat is nearly cooked then add the salt.
- add the spices wrapped in the cloth
- Top all this with rice and keep it on fire until cooked
- Remove and served hot with Daqqus and garnish with hashu .