Chicken Chow-mein Recipe|Chinese Chow-mein
Chow-mein is Definitely one of the signature dish of Chinese cuisine. I Personally had Indian and Chinese fusion .Chow-mein is Considered be a more authentic chinese dish.I love to eat Chow-mein is Indo-China Fusion.
Historical background of Chinese Chow-mein is far less mysterious. chow-mein or fried Noodles, Originated in Northern China ,Beside being ease to make at home if are your Bachelor or student live a alone very adaptable, Like all Chinese food.What make Chow-mein is memorable is not the specific ingredients so much as the Balance between grains and vegetables .
- Egg noodles (boiled) 1/2 packet
- Chicken (boneless) 250 grams
- Prawn 250 grams
- Onion (chopped) 1
- Capsicum in three colours (finely cut) 1 /3
- Spring onions (finely cut) 3 stalks
- Cabbage (finely cut) 1/2 cup
- Soya sauce 3 tbsp
- Cornflour (dissolved in water) 2 tbsp
- Garlic (chopped) 1 tbsp
- Ginger (chopped) 1 tbsp
- Black pepper (crushed) 1 tsp
Chinese Chicken Chow-mein
( healthy alternatives such as chicken soup / chicken powder / chicken broth / chicken cube instead )
- Chicken stock 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Heat oil in a wok & saute half the noodles.
- Place the boiled noodles in a serving dish & the fried noodles over it.
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add ginger/garlic & onion stir lightly .
- Add chicken & saute for 5 minutes.
- Add prawns & saute for 5 minutes.
- Add soya sauce, black pepper, ( see healthy alternatives ) & stock.
- When it boils , add vegetables & cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cornflour .
- When sauce thickens , pour this mixture over the noodles & mix lightly .
- Garnish with spring onions & serve hot.