Arabic sweet Kunafa Recipe
Kunafa is a Traditional Palestinian Dessert made with cheese party soaked in sweet, sugar-based syrup; it is popular throughout the Arab World, especially in Levant, Principally in Palestine, In addition in Turkey the Caucasus and Greece,
Kunafa is popularly known to have originated in the Palestinian city of Nablus,and is the most representative and iconic Palestinian dessert Kunafa Nabulsi enjoys continued fame, partly due to its use of white brine cheese called Nabulsi.
Kunafa was first mentioned in the 10th century. It is generally believed to have originated in the Palestinian city of Nablus hence the name Nabulsi,Nablus is still renowned for its Kunafa which consists of mild white cheese and shredded wheat surface, which is covered by sugar made in Nablus in an attempt to win a Palestinian citation in the Guinness World Records. It measured 75X2 meters and weighed 1,350 kilograms.
Ingredients for Arabic sweet Kunafa Recipe
- 1kg-Kunafa fine dough or flour
- 1/2 kg – Kunafa sweet cheese (Naboulies)
- 1/2 tsp- Kunafa Colouring
- 1 spn- lard or margarine
- 1/2 ltr – Sugar syrup
- 150g – Pistachios and Pine nuts,ground
- Spread a oven pan with lard and kunafa dough and coloring
- Place the cheese equally across the pan,while the pan is being heated,until it melts and the cheese is spread equally.
- Flip the pan so that the Kunafa dough is on top
- Sprinkle the ground Pistachios and pine nuts on top
- Serve the sugar syrup over the Kunafa
Arabic sweet Kunafa is very famous in G.C.C country specially Ramadan time each and every house use for their “Iftar” party or Gubka Party. Different type of Kunafa can be make only need to change cheese , you can make with cheese or without cheese , I specially made with cheese which give nice aroma and taste in your Kunafa. try this Recipe and make your comments please.